ZAMBIA AIRWAYS RESUMES HARARE ROUTE

ZAMBIA AIRWAYS RESUMES HARARE ROUTE

LUSAKA - Zambia airways resumes and opened up their international routes with the resumption of direct flights from the Kenneth Kaunda International Airport Lusaka, Zambia to the Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport Harare, Zimbabwe.

The resumption of this route happened on the 28th of March, 2023. The new route was graced by Government officials, Media and many well-wishers. At arrival of the flight, a water canon salute was accorded to it as a welcome to Harare.

The airline will operate 3 weekly flights thus on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays using a DHC-8-Q400. The airline currently operates a fleet of two (2) aircrafts thus the DHC-8-Q400 and these are owned by Ethiopian Airlines.

In 2021, the Zambia’s national flag carrier was revived with the help of Ethiopian Airline and Zambian Industrial Development Corporation. The majority ownership is for the Government of Zambia and this having a 55% ownership whereas Ethiopian Airlines has the remaining 45%. Since its revival, the airline has mainly been operating domestic routes to Ndola and Livingston.

The airline’s flight to Harare is the start of the many to come international routes and these may include some of the following; Bole International Airport Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), O. R. Tambo International Airport Johannesburg (South Africa), N’djili International Airport Kinshasa (DRC), Jomo Kenyatta International Airport Nairobi and Moi International Airport Mombasa (Kenya).